Wednesday, January 03, 2007

If you’re a little afraid of doing something, you’re probably doing something right.

It was that idea that spurred me to pick up and move to Portland just over two years ago, and it’s the same impulse that has me picking up and moving to San Francisco now. I’ve spent the last two weeks in the throes of sorting and packing, and I’ve only just stopped falling asleep without the screams of packing tape in my ears. I’ve just got a few days left here, and I’m trying to hit my favorite PDX restaurants before I go. I’ve done pok pok and apizza scholls, picked up Screen Door last week. I’m saving Le Pigeon for last. I want to head down the 5 with the fresh memory of bacon-laced cornbread on my mind. Portland, I'll miss you, more than I can say.

I'm also more than a little excited about discovering all the tastes the city has to offer. I've been dazzled by the Ferry Market before and I can't wait to share it with NIBS (though no, gentle readers, he's obstinantly staying put). I want to find a favorite taco place, somewhere good for Pho and dim sum, and maybe, just maybe, a neighborhood bistro where I can become a regular. It's exciting, and a little scary, but probably a lot good. New blog link to follow, once I'm settled. thecitybymouth.com. We'll see...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy Marsing-Barber said...

I love your blog. Many good insights. I wanted to let you know for your blog about Taste of Tillamook County. It's a three day family event with live music, food, an amateur mac and cheese competition and much much more. If you've ever wondered what cheese to pair with which wine, this is the event for you. Pelican Pub will be there as well. Please think about adding a link to your site for this. For more information please visit www.tasteoftillamook.com!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

What happened to you guys?

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home